17 SOCMA Member Facilities Exceed ChemStewards® EHS&S Benchmarks
Companies committed to strengthening performance, creating safety culture at their facilities
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 20, 2016
Director, Communications and Public Relations
Washington, D.C. – The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) is pleased to announce that 17 member facilities are now exceeding key ChemStewards® benchmarks, qualifying them for the program’s highest ranking – the Excellence Tier.
“Continuously improving environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) practices takes a staff committed to strengthening their performance and overall operational excellence, and for these 17 member facilities their hard work and dedication is paying off,” said Dr. J. Holland Jordan, Managing Director, ChemStewards. “These companies are going that extra mile to enhance their EHS&S processes and create a safety culture within their facilities. We commend them for their efforts and encourage all of our member companies to use these facilities as examples to improve their own EHS&S efforts.”
ChemStewards is an adaptable EHS&S program that promotes continuous performance improvement in specialty chemical manufacturing. The program is based on a three-tier system with key performance requirements per tier with increasing levels of difficulty: Tier One – Fundamentals, Tier Two – Enhanced Performance and Tier Three – Excellence.
To qualify for the Excellence Tier, or Tier Three, facilities must sign core principles, complete security requirements, meet specific metrics obligations and requirements, have at least one documented management review meeting and complete a third-party verification of management systems at the Enhanced Performance (Tier Two) level.
To maintain their ranking, facilities must sustain EHS&S performance metrics at or above the Excellence criteria.
SOCMA member facilities included in the Excellence Tier are:
- KMCO LLC – KMTEX Plant
- KMCO LLC – Crosby Plant
- Lonza – Rochester Facility
- Lonza – Lake Charles Facility
- Noramco Inc. – Athens Plant
- Optima Chemical Group LLC
- South Coast Terminals LP – Port Terminal Facility
- South Coast Terminals LP – Strang Road Plant
- South Coast Terminals LP – Wallisville Road Plant
- Baker Hughes – Sand Springs Plant
- Baker Hughes – Barnsdall Plant
- Baker Hughes – Channel Blend Plant
- Baker Hughes – Kilgore Plant
- Baker Hughes – Rayne Plant
- Baker Hughes – Taft Acrolein Plant
- Baker Hughes – Bakersfield Blend Plant
- Johann Haltermann Ltd. – Houston Plant
Since 1921, SOCMA has represented a diverse membership of small, medium and large chemical companies located around the world. www.socma.com.